Code It or Lose It

Quick hurry, schools need their technology today,
Wait a minute I’m told, someone has to pay.
Not a problem, you see, we have the money,
Oh you simple minded Jeff, you have to code it right, honey.
Okay teach me, I’ll listen, I’ve got an MBA,
But this coding chokes my brain, in fact, keeps me at bay.
Silly, silly, boy, use 601, 508, or 001, we have many,
That’s not the problem, I know there are plenty.
I must first get quotes, times three, if required,
Oh no, I forgot that PO was retired.
The goods weren’t received by the end of the year,
I must now start again, I need speed, or a new gear.
The quotes I now have, the requisitions I make,
The PO I can get, but a lost goldenrod, makes a fake.
The fake must be signed, in two places no less,
I’m confused again, I must confess.
We now have the goods, and all things are a go,
But my budget is hosed, someone changed the ones to zeros.
I call to get straight, but the person has vacation,
I must now hold the paper, which slows the education.
Not to worry, you see, you just need a position,
It just bothers me greatly, because I do get addition.
I’m told to sign off as the invoice is in,
But who received what, when, I can only chagrin.
The budget has deducted, but property transfer was lax,
I only signed once, some pulp copies slipped through the cracks.
I now must chase this device, be it printer, palm or computer,
I need help once again, I must call in a tutor.
They’re all good people that try helping me,
But the workflow now chokes to the extent, I can’t see.
I was hired to lead our technology to beyond,
But, when it comes to business processes, I only wish for a wand.
A wand to make it all go away,
And leave me to vision, get outside of this fray.
For now, I will continue to develop flows that make sense,
And try to relieve shoulders from being so tense.
It’s not just poor Jeff, that’s the problem in here,
We need to redo our ways, and start it this year.
I have not the patience, nor time to bear fruit,
If you’re willing to help, then to you, I salute.
Study the process, critique our old ways,
Bring in the experts, straighten out this strange maze.
Show me why a man with the learning of me,
Can not submit to a system, a system of no glee.
We’ve settled for a job, with no end in sight,
Instead of reaching for greatness, and being willing to fight.
If not, I’ll plod, while shaking my head,
And keep wondering if the next code will get me ahead.
I thank all who are pleasant and continue to smile,
Because I’m starting to think, the problem is simply my style.

You Already Knew: But What Do You Do?